Elizabeth attended Lifespan’s presentation today on recognizing and preventing elder abuse and mistreatment. Here is a quiz to test your knowledge of emerging trends in the area of elder abuse. The answers will be posted later this week.
Elder Mistreatment: An Overview & Emerging Trends
True or False:
1. Most elder abuse/mistreatment occurs in nursing homes ( T / F ).
2. In most cultural groups in the United States, adult daughters are the primary caregivers for elderly people (excluding spouses) ( T / F ).
3. According to most studies, verbal abuse is the most common form of elder abuse ( T / F ).
4. The Federal government appropriates equal amounts of money to combat each category of family violence: child abuse, domestic violence, and elder abuse ( T / F ).
5. Adult children are the primary perpetrators of elder abuse/mistreatment ( T / F ).
6. Elderly women who are victims of domestic violence are reluctant to leave their husbands because they have gotten used to the abuse ( T / F ).
7. Victims of elder abuse/mistreatment self-refer for help in approximately 5% of all the reported cases ( T / F ).
Thanks to Lifespan for the presentation and the quiz, and again, the answers will follow later in the week!