Each of us forgets a name or an appointment from time to time, or misplaces the keys or remote control. When does “normal” memory loss, associated with aging or stress, become something more disturbing, like Alzheimer’s Disease?
Here are 10 early signs of Alzheimer’s that you can keep an eye out for, both in yourself and in your loved ones.
1. Memory loss that disrupts daily life
2. Challenges in planning or solving problems
3. Difficulty completing familiar tasks at home, at work or at leisure
4. Confusion with time or place
5. Trouble understanding visual images and spatial relationships
6. New problems with words in speaking or writing
7. Misplacing things and losing the ability to retrace steps
8. Decreased or poor judgment
9. Withdrawal from work or social activities
10. Changes in mood and personality
For more detail and examples of “normal” versus “abnormal” changes, visit the Alzheimer’s Association here.